After I exercise intensely, the last thing I want to do is cook. I am typically hungry and drained, so I want to put minimal effort into preparing a meal. After a challenging workout, my body needs protein and carbs to recover, so I don’t want to skimp, and eating at the gym can get expensive. The following are my favorite post workout recipes. They are quick and healthy, and leave me satisfied every time.
In a high power blender, blend together on the highest setting:
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 medium sized banana
1 cored apple cut into small slices
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1oz (1 scoop) protein powder (optional)
1 cup pure coconut water
1 tsp chia seeds
5 mint leaves
1 cup of ice
Garnish with extra mint leaves and coconut flakes.
Lime and Sesame Stir Fry
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
8 oz chicken breast cut into cubes
1 cup fresh shitake mushrooms
1 clove crushed garlic
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup chopped red pepper
1tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon pure sesame seed oil
¼ cup basil leaves
1. Heat half the oil in a wok or pan. Stir fry garlic and chicken until browned. Remove from wok.
2. Heat remaining oil and stir fry mushrooms, broccoli and red pepper until crisp.
3. Add in lime juice and sesame seed oil.
4. Add chicken back in to the wok and stir fry until vegetables are tender.
5. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
White Fish Bundles With Asian Vegetables
2- 6oz white fish filets
1 lb baby buk choy cut in halves
1 lb Chinese broccoli (If Chinese broccoli isn’t available, Italian broccoli is fine.)
1 cup snow peas
2 Tbs coconut oil
2 Tbs Tamari
1 crushed garlic clove
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
½ inch freshly grated ginger
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place 2- 14 inch pieces of baking paper on a tray.
3. Spread the vegetables across one of the pieces of baking paper, and place the fish on top.
4. Whisk together tamari, oil, garlic and ginger. Trickle it over the fish.
5. Place second sheet of baking paper over the fish mixture and gather the edges.
6. Bake on the tray for 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
7. Garnish with cilantro leaves.